Friday, September 2, 2011

The September Holidays are Here!

Written on 1st of September, 9:54 PM

A very warm welcome to all of you people out there who’s reading this blog post. August has ended, and with that comes a new month. The fasting month, or else known as Ramadhan month, has also ended. To my fellow Muslim friends, I would like to say Happy Eid Mubarak, may Allah bless us all. To everyone reading this that knows me, I’d also like to ask for forgiveness for all the wrongdoings I’ve committed in the past.

This year is the first year that I am not able to spend Hari Raya Idul Fitri with my family. Yes, it’s sad. But my Dad always says that ‘happiness is a choice,’ and I choose to be happy on that day. I didn’t do much; I went to Kinokuniya and bought a book, ‘A Game of Thrones’ George R. R. Martin. It’s been a habit of mine to only buy one book at a time (or at the most, 2 books). I saw this girl who bought like, 6 or 7 books. She was looking at the shelves and spotted a book that she has read before, and she said “Oh! I’ve read this book!” and just like that, she plucked the sequels to that book and gave it to her mother. Guess what? I envy her so much -_-. I wish I had the liberty to buy books whenever I want to. My dad would never let me do that… He does like reading and has even said that he would rather buy me tons of books than spend the money on food. But I do agree on him that I shouldn’t buy 7 books at once… Take it steady. Don’t have the habit of buying so many books that in the end won’t be read at all. The same goes for clothes. I’m not the type to go shopping with my friends; in fact I’ve never bought any form of clothing with my friends. I always do it with my mom around; as I believe that she knows what is best and appropriate for me. There’s a person I know who loves to go shopping, and said that some of them haven’t even been worn yet!

When I came back to school after the long 4 days break, I was called in English class to help Mr Muru demonstrate what Muslims do during Hari Raya Idul Fitri. Mr Muru then proceeded to asking me what I did during that day, and he asked “Oh is your family here with you?” “No…” “No? Do you have relatives here?” “Umm… No.”He really seemed to be concerned with my situation, and as a result of it all, he arranged for the class to gather at Haiqal’s house after school the next day. He was talking about how getting good grades is not the only important thing in the world, being there for your friends is another thing. So I guess the whole gathering thing was also to cheer me up as I didn’t celebrate Eid Mubarak with my family. Mr Muru and 4E2, if you are reading this, I would like to say thank you very much for the concern and kindness. I’m a shy person so I don’t really express my feelings much, but when I do, I really say it from the bottom of my heart J

That brings me to the next topic, Teacher’s Day Celebration. Tomorrow, 2nd of September is the day when we celebrate Teacher’s Day (in Singapore), so tomorrow is a school holiday, and today is only a half-school day as we’re celebrating it. I was planning to make cards for every teacher as I did last year. I did make the cards… but I didn’t give it to the teachers. I rushed while doing it (just did it the night before… wanted to do it earlier but didn’t have any ideas!) and I don’t think that it was neat enough to give it to the teachers K I know that actually it’s the effort that counts, but I don’t want to give them crappy work either… It shows that you didn’t really put much effort into it. So dear teachers, I would like to thank you for being such an amazing teacher and also being a very inspirational figure to me. The 1 year and 3 months I have spent in Pei Hwa has been a hell of a ride, and I genuinely enjoyed it. I am grateful to have such awesome teachers and I hope that you are proud to have me as your student. Sincerely, Indira Pranabudi.

So this brings me to the title of this post. The SEPTEMBER HOLIDAYS! Yeay! I’m going home to Indonesia tomorrow morning. Luckily, I don’t have to go back to school during the holidays (and I’m quite surprised about this) which means that I can spend the whole holiday in Singapore. And yes, I am aware of the fact that when school reopens, I still have my Physics, Additional Mathematics and Malay Language Prelims. That’s why I’m bringing along some of my books so that I can study in Indonesia.

I am extremely OVER THE MOON right now… Lots of things are gonna happen this holiday. One of it being: the arrival of a new living soul in my house… a dog (breed: Collie) named Prince. Nadia’s dog. This is gonna be AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment