Tuesday, January 11, 2011

School school school.

'O' Levels THIS YEAR.

Just last year I had to do the national exam in Indonesia. This year I have to go though another year of exams, studies, and all things related to school. I need a break...



Anyway... I'd rather tell stories about my holiday than school. :)

During the holiday, I watched the second leg of the Finals in the AFF Cup (or more known as the Suzuki Cup) live at Stadium Utama Gelora Bung Karno. It was epic. A lot of people came.. The streets were just full of red people. I wore a red coloured T-shirt too. It's a replica of the Indonesia soccer team jersey.
I had fun there. I really felt like an Indonesian. I joined the others singing the Indonesian national anthem. We cheered when our players came out... We cheered real loud. And when the opponents came... Well, we didn't really cheer. The weird thing is that... How come I didn't see any Malaysians there? I mean, it's Indonesia vs Malaysia, shouldn't there be any Malaysians? I didn't see any people in yellow :|
We were the winners that day, but we weren't champions. But nevertheless, GARUDA TETAP IDOLAKU. (Translate: Garuda is still my champion). No matter what happens... I will still proud of Indonesia.
The man of the match was AHMAD BUSTOMI from INDONESIA! He's one of my favourite players! The best player throughout the cup was also from Indonesia, he's the captain of our squad, FIRMAN UTINA. The top scorer was from Malaysia, SAFEE SALI with 6 goals if I'm not mistaken. I think we did wonderfully during the tournament. We've been runner ups 4 times! Well, maybe it's just not the time for us.

Besides that, I'd like to comment on some of the Indonesians attitudes. During the first matches... Our squad was really awesome. We beat Malaysia 5-1, crushed Laos 6-0 and defeated Thailand 2-1. I think these wins made some Indonesians... Hmm I don't know what to say. Too arrogant? At that time, we already felt like champions. But the truth was... We weren't yet. Then there was this schedule from PSSI. I think they kinda filled some of the player's free time with... Unimportant things. We should have focused.
But anyway, the past is the past. We should just prepare for the future.

I don't feel like writing anything else. Byebye.

No comments:

Post a Comment