Friday, July 9, 2010

I slifed my Lice.

Okay, first of all, let me get things straight.

Nummer een: I do NOT have lice.

Nummer twee: What I mean was 'I sliced my life'. Well, not literally.

Every Friday there's this thing called 'Slice of Life', and some of the students will get picked to share their experiences (related to the school values; PRIDE) with the whole school. So basically, I was chosen for this week. Oh, and Aldwin was chosen too.

My day didn't start really well. I woke up 5 minutes earlier than usual (does this really make a change?), because I was supposed to arrive at school at 7.05 today, to practice for the SoL. I went to school 10 minutes earlier than today, hoping that I would arrive at the bus interchange earlier. Now, here comes the bad news. The bus never came. No, not never, but I mean, because I arrived at the bus stop earlier, I was expecting that another bus would come earlier, but it turned out than it didn't! The same old bus that I always took even arrived late. Grrrhhh. Usually, if I take that bus, I'll be just in time to catch the early bus to school (just in time means running; if I take this bus I'll arrive at school at 7.00am). But now, the bus is late. So that means that I won't arrive at school on time. Oh no. Without any further thinking, I went in the MRT station. I just hoped that the MRT would be faster than the next bus.

When I arrived at Serangoon, I looked at my watch. Oops. It's already 6.45! Arghh, I don't think I'll be able to get there in time! So I went to the passenger office, and I asked 'Are there any taxis out there?' They said, 'Oh yeah, just out there.' So I rushed and went out. I found the taxi pick up point, but all the taxis were just parked out there, and the taxi drivers where nowhere to be seen. Urghh.

At this point of time, I became really pissed off (yeah, I know, it's not that stressful), and I guess if you saw me at that time, you would've thought that I was sort of crazy or something. I was like, walking here and there, and running, and sweating, and.. I bet I looked pretty confused. There was 1 taxi, and that taxi just drove past me without stopping or even looking at me. What the?! I hate you taxi driver! And then, there was this taxi, I was going to run towards the taxi, but another person took that taxi! AAAH! At last, at around 7.00, I finally found a taxi. And... I arrived at school at 7.15. I'm late. And I paid SGD11 for that. LATE + SGD11. My morning had just been ruined.

But, from that point onwards... My day became slightly better. I read my speech, and... Some of my friends and my teachers said my speech was nice. So.. I guess it wasn't bad after all.

That's all I'd like to share with you for today... I hope you enjoyed my post :D

_________________________________________

Good morning Mrs Lim, Ms Thien, Mr Ng, teachers and fellow schoolmates. My name is Indira Pranabudi, and I'm from 3E2. Today, I would like to share with you a poem that has inspired me and kept my spirits up whenever I am down. The title of the poem is "Don't Quit". First of all, let me read to you a few lines from the poem.

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

This poem teaches me about how I must keep going on with my life, no matter what happens. Just like the saying, "the show must go on". Whenever I am down and I feel like quitting, I will always think about this poem. Right after that I'll say to myself, "Don't quit! It's not that hard! Keep trying! Don't give up!" and right after that I am getting up again.

The same thing goes to school. Whenever I feel that I'm not smart, or whenever I feel that I can't do something, I will always remember this poem. And then, I will say to myself, "If you want success, never give up. Success will only be achieved if we never quit!" Thanks to this poem, I have made it all this way, and hopefully I will be able to achieve my dreams.

Thank you for listening, I hope my sharing will be able to inspire you, and keep the passion for learning of Pei Hwaians burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment