Thursday, September 16, 2010

SMAN 1 Purwakarta pays a visit to Pei Hwa…

Hey, you know what? Some students from Indonesia are coming to Pei Hwa! Yeay! It feels like home.. HAHA okay yeah I’m exaggerating. The good news is that some of them will be learning in my class! I hope one of them will be seated next to me, it’ll feel good studying with an Indonesian :)

During English class, Mr Muru said “Eh Indira! Indonesians are coming here! When they came they asked me ‘Where’s Indra?!’” My name is actually Indira, but he pronounces it as ‘Indra’. I don’t really know why. Probably he doesn’t know, and if he really doesn’t know I’ll tell him the truth. But the thing is, sometimes he likes to make fun of people’s names. He’s not mocking or anything, I think that’s his nature. He likes to make people laugh. But then, Nicholas said “Her name is Indira.” Then Mr Muru quickly corrected his story “Oh yes, Indira! I said ‘No! There aren’t any Indras in here!” When I heard him say that, I was like ‘Hahaha no way -_-’ cause well.. They wouldn’t know me -_- I don’t even know them. Haha. But anyway.. Suddenly, in the middle of class, when we were told to correct our speeches, Mr Muru approached me and asked,

Mr Muru: What’s a cool word in Indonesian?

Me: Cool word? *confused*

Mr Muru: Yes. ‘Bisa’ is cool right?

Me: ‘Bisa’? Bisa means ‘can’.

Mr Muru: Oh yes, can.

Me: Hmmm….

*thirty seconds went by…*

Mr Muru: When you know, tell me ah.

Me: Okay.

But that was the end of it. He never asked me about the ‘cool Indonesian word’. I mean, anyway, what do you mean by a cool Indonesian word? Hmmm :/

But anyway, I hope they’ll enjoy their stay in Pei Hwa :) I just saw them when I was about to go home. They were all wearing Batiks! Yeay! Awesome! And I saw some of them with a small ‘Merah Putih’ flag. Cool :D

No comments:

Post a Comment